Run for Youth

Kapiti Run For Youth

The event is, as always, to raise money for youth events in the Kapiti region. There are four events – the 6km walk and run and the 12km walk and run. Participants are expected to get sponsors in order to make some money out of the event, with a $20 qualifying fee to enter.

The 12km walk will start first, with registration at 9:30am and the event itself at 10. The 6km walk and 12km run start together with registrations at 10 and the start at 11, followed by the 6km run registration at 11 and the event at 11:30. Events will wrap up at around 1pm.


70% of the money goes to Fundraising Partners, which are youth organisations in the Kapiti Coast. The other 30% covers the cost of the event.

In 2016, the Run for Youth made $13,000, and with that number rising, it’s well and truly worth heading down and getting involved.

If you’re a business owner, you can join too. For $125, you can make your company a sponsor of the event. Current sponsors include Beach FM, Kapiti Law, Peter Jackson Plumbing and organisers Web Genius.


WHEN: 25 March, 9:30-1:00

WHERE: Marine Parade, Paraparaumu Beach


For more information or for registration as a participant, a sponsor or a fundraising partner, go to


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *