Kapiti Coast District Council are once again holding their annual Parks Week in March. The celebration will run from Sunday the 11th through the 18th, and there will be events throughout the week.
Highlights include a guided walk through the Kaitawa Reserve with Mayor Gurunathan, on Monday the 12th, Yoga in the Park on both Thursday and Saturday at Maclean Park and then Marine Gardens, and the Fun Run at Otaraua Park, Otaihanga, on the 18th.
Parks Week is an international celebration, held every year in March.
The full list of events is:
- Sunday 11th, 1pm-5pm: Pharazyn Reserve Experience, Pharazyn Reserve, Waikanae
- Monday 12th, 6pm-7pm: Mayoral Walk, Kaitawa Reserve, Paraparaumu
- Tuesday 13th, 11am-12:30pm: Story Time, Mahara Place, Waikanae
- Wednesday 14th, 3:30pm-5pm: It’s a Dog’s Life, Ōtaki Dog Park, Aotaki Street, Ōtaki
- Thursday 15th, 10am-12:30pm: Yoga in the Park, Maclean Park, Paraparaumu
- Friday 16th: Kapiti Rocks Hunt all over the Kapiti Coast
- Saturday 17th, 10am-12:30pm: Yoga in the Park, Marine Gardens, Raumati
- Sunday 18th, starting at 8:30am: Parks Week Fun Run, Otaraua Park, Otaihanga
Participants are encouraged to use the hashtag #KapitiOutdoors on social media.